Wednesday, July 14, 2010

rain, rain, rain


Well, to make up for last year, we are getting a double dose this year. We had three inches yesterday, yikes!!! It is so green out there, but we have had terrible wind storms that have taken down lots of trees and wiped out fences.


Bill Roy and Ralph Livingston came all the way from BC to train horses for Lesa and I. They worked their hinies off, and did 4 horses at my house and 6 at Lesa's, 10 hours each. I am so pleased with the job they did, especially Rosie. The change in her is just remarkable. I learned lots, and can hardly wait to apply some of what I've learned to my own horse training. They even convinced me to ride with just a halter on!


Been getting lots of time on Wilbur, I've taken him out on the trails by himself now and he's doing just great! I'm really pleased with the progress he's making. He's going to make somebody a great trail riding buddy.
I've also taken Tara out quite a bit, she is turning into a wonder trail horse, I really enjoy riding her. Now to get to work on the others and get them trail ready! All my 3 and 4 year olds except for Rosie and Eddie, have now been backed and ridden. That's pretty exciting.
Had some anxious moments when Gord's mom was in the hospital, but she's doing much better now, and is back home with lots of family support. Hoping to treck down there next week for a visit.

No comments: