Saturday, August 25, 2007

Banjo


Well, Banjo found a new home today. They are avide trail riders and he is off to his first trip to the mountains next week. Good luck Banjo and we will miss you, especially Tyler who rode him a lot this year. Banjo also was used as a clinic demo horse for a weekend in July, gave a 4-H'er from Nova Scotia the thrill of riding a walking horse during his stay with us and took Tyler on many trail rides both on the farm and away.

However, the work goes on. I have a fabulous 3 year old gelding in for training that is just a joy to watch in the round pen. He is huge, almost 16hh now with such a super way of going. I'd say a light shod show contender for sure. Also pretty laid back. Can hardly wait to get in the saddle. I'm also working on a cute little QH filly who's just the opposite -short, fat and sassy.
Now I'm going to have to ride Angel, she did so well at the clinic. She is such a huge mare, but pupy dog friendly. Mira and I are still working on her canter. Tyler was getting her to do a hand gallop in the hay field the other day bare back, so I should be able to canter her in an arena right?
So, we've got lots of horses to ride, but we will still miss Banjo.

Took a load of goats for sale the other day, the goat market is very good right now, with demand far exceding supply.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a friend of the Keriks' and WE will ALL miss Banjo being around, I never got the chance to ride him, but sure wanted to take him home, he was a joy to trail ride next to, I hope his new owner enjoys him as much as I have.
Lesa.

Anonymous said...

Hi, WE will miss Banjo on those rides. I am sure his new owner will love & enjoy him greatly. He is the most patient, quite & trusting young horse I have been around long time.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Sad to see Banjo go, however, he will be well enjoyed by the next family! You've done a beautiful job with training Banjo. He was so quiet on trail!

I absolutely LOVED riding Mira!!! She is a wonderful horse!!!

Keep up the great work on your horses!!!

Tina in Orillia, Ontario

Anonymous said...

Hi Fran!
Sad to hear that Banjo has left the farm. He is such a nice horse, and well I always did have a soft spot for him!
Traci